Globally more websites are being accessed through a mobile device making it the most dominant device and enforcing a complete facelift in design parameters – fast loading mobile-first is the way to go.
Google’s AMP (or Accelerated Mobile Page) is an open source project developed in collaboration with publishers, technology companies and content creators to deliver a fast-loading mobile-first online development environment. An AMP compliant web page will load almost immediately on mobile devices making browsing on mobile a better experience.
It has created endless opportunities for companies, service providers, publishers and advertisers alike.Though AMP is being mostly used by content publishers, all web designers should plan for making their websites AMP compliant.It is already available for CMS such as WordPress, Drupal or Sitefinity. According to amproject.org, AMP websites are loading up to 4Xfaster while using 10X less data.
Key Benefits of Google AMP
- Maintain flexibility and control the complexity in code. Use CSS to customize your styling;use dynamic data to fetch the latest data on demand.
- An open web, free from government or private control, is supported by AMP, an open source initiative.
- Faster loading webpages improves UX and therefore business metrics, across all devices and platforms.
- Building AMP websites is easy, and you can convert your old websites within days.
- AMP is used by leading platforms like Google, Bing, Twitter, etc.
- AMP pages are cached on Google and other platforms for near instant loading. The cache has validation system to guarantee that the page works and is not dependent on external resources.
AMP Web Stories
- AMP’s Web Stories provide publishers a mobile-first format for delivering news in a visually rich and tap-through stories.
- Web Stories offer a new set of advertising prospects to reach larger audience with a unique immersive experience.
- It is now technically easy to make, produce and publish Web Stories using Google AMP.
- Web Stories allow rich content–Images, videos and GIFs;Text and audio;Animations and interactions.
- They allow predefined but customizable layout templates, standardized UI controls, components for sharing them and components to add threads and replies.
- They support detailed analytics for viral sharing and monetization.
- Web Stories load lightning fast to keep your audience engaged and entertained.
- AMP Ads
- Web Stories have robust monetization capabilities for publishers using full-screen immersive story ads and affiliate links. For advertisers, Web Stories is new way to reach a target audience with a unique storytelling experience.
- AMP supports ads that are fast, safe, compelling and effective for users.
- As more clients embrace AMP and more users consume AMP content more businesses are going to position themselves and adopt AMP.
- APM allows controlled end-to-end experience – no other parties can modify or add things, eliminating unexpected surprises.
- Optimized AMP ads are easy on battery life of mobiles, and lead to AMP compliant pages that are as fast and streamlined.
- AMP supports both traditional ads and the new AMP-HTML ads.
- Collaborative community means that AMP designers have produced a rich library of great-looking ad templates, demos and examples.
- AM Pads are flexible and dynamic, allow many formats like carousel, parallax, and light box.
- With AMP it is easier to measurable viewership authentically so that you can monitor performance in real time and adjust budget accordingly.
- Maximize your revenue by allowing 5x faster load speed 3x lighter ads guaranteeing that ads behave as intended and users always have a positive experience.
- AMP ads are verified before being served and are safe, helping to build trust in the brands.
Hope this article help you to understand AMP role. Thanks for reading it.