How to make apps visible to users
As the use of apps worldwide continues to grow exponentially, it is increasingly difficult to become visible in the middle of that oceanic offer. It is essential to have a good application to gain a foothold, but also make it known that it is. Here are steps that, based on experience, consider basic for the launch of apps in order to achieve a good position in the markets.
- Choice of the name.It must be addressed at the same time as points 2, 3, and 4 because they complement each other. As a general rule, it is recommended that the app contains the name of the brand, the main keyword of the service or product and that it be easy to remember. You can bet on a more descriptive name or more.
- Choice of keywords. The keywords are keywords that allow your app to appear in search results App Store to the as with Internet search engines. It is preferable to rely on tools such as Sensor Tower and Google Trends and, from there, common sense and some basic rules: fill in the 100 available characters, avoid keywords composed of two or more words.
- In which category do you publish my app? The selection of the category also determines the positioning of the app, because visibility is more or less difficult in one than in others: the more competitive a category is, the more downloads you need to stand out. And at the same time, it is necessary to choose the category that best describes the application so that it is easy to find.
- Lines of communication:what is the hook of your app? From the analysis of the competition that we pointed out as a previous step, the differential elements of your app project should emerge, what makes it unique or singular, on which you will have to support all communication from minute 1. Both the short description of Google Play (80 characters) as the normal description (4,000 characters) or any promotional message that you spread must have clear communication axes so that everything is aligned in the same direction. To maximize the chances of being found by users, the app can have its own website that functions as a communication operations base, with a well-cared SEO to reinforce its positioning.
- The importance of the image: icon design, screenshots, and video. The icon of an app is often the first message it sends to the user, so it is essential that it be attractive and representative of its style, functions, and objectives. In fact, it is estimated that it marks up to 20% of the download decision. The entire identity of the app is traced from the icon, including the graphic line of its menus and screens, taking into account the standards of each platform and usability. It has to show it’s the most attractive and unique aspects. All these point must be present in the presentation video of the app that is recommended to be carried out for its launch.Thanks for reading it.
Thanks for reading it.