In this century, every one of us is using smart phones. Is it not?
Mobile app development cost depends on many factors. Every year when new version of a phone is released in the market, we look forward for any customized features or add-ons and we buy them. Today our daily activities are operated through phones. Such is the importance of the phones. Every year mobile industry is examining a significant growth as mobile users are growing rapidly.
If you want to get an app developed you can hire mobile app developers and get the app customized as per your needs.
Therefore, mobile industry should make use of the rapid growth of the rising customers and innovate different kinds of apps to attract large number of customers.
What we come to understand is that earnings for businesses from mobile applications are growing so rapidly. By the year-end of 2023, revenue may be around 850 billion $.
“App Annie anticipates global user squander to transcend
$149 billion in 2021″
Now let us dive into our topic about cost of creating an app in 2020 : How Much Does It Cost to Create/Develop an App In 2020
Cost of an app depends on numerous factors. It mainly depends on – what does the app do and what is the benefit of using the app. Let us not waste our time and let us look at the factors disturbing the cost to develop an app:
- Choosing the suitable stage for your app
- Elaborating on the sub-topic, you have to choose the right stage on which your app is going to be released such as Google play store, Amazon stores, etc. Two stores, which are broadly used by customers, are Google play stores and Apple stores. You need to compare in which app store, large number of apps are present. So, this helps in choosing the right kind of store to release the developed app.
- Structure and prototype cost, which involves in developing an app.
- After requirements are gathered from the client, design is made ready for which costs incur. Design cost for an app range from 3000$ to 10000$. Design makes 15% of the app cost.
- A clickable prototype is also an important phase when developing an app. Adobe, Invasion, etc. are some of the tools used for creating clickable prototypes.
- Cost of coding for an app.
- Coding is the heart of an app. It is the basic and important functionality of an app. It costs around 2500$ to 70000$. App development is a team work. Frameworks such as Xamarin help to reduce the costs up to 30%.
- Best idea is to make an MVP version using online building tools.
- If app is subjected to be highly complex, then back end server is to be used for which cost is definitely going to be high.
- Labour costs can be considered as follows.
- Mission manager controls the budget from start to end. It costs up to 15% of the budget. Project management budget ranges around 1000$ to 13000$.
- When you approach business analysts, they calculate and analyses few points regarding the app development projects. Therefore, their share of money is given from the app development budget.
- QA engineer, UI/UX designer and developer costs also include under labour costs.
- Complexities while developing an app.
- Apps range from simple, medium and high. Based on the difficulties and constraints faced while developing an app, budget of an app depends.
- Simple apps costs around 25000$.
- Medium range apps costs around 50000$.
- More complex apps cost around 1,000,000.
- Basic features which needs to be appended for which costs are mentioned as below:
- User login : 500$ – 1000$
- Push up notifications : 1000$ – 10000$
- Navigation : 300$ – 500$
- Portrait view : 500$ – 1200$
- Google Maps integration : 1000$
- Streaming : 1500$
- Offline mode : 1000$ to 2500$
- Database : 750$ to 1600$
- Multiple language support : 400$ to 700$
- Search : 250$ to 500$
- Add : 1500$ to 3000$
Multiple features are available. Costs largely depend on which functionality needs to be incorporated to enhance the app in all aspects.
- Paperwork cost
- Paperwork is very important. If your app becomes a great tool and is used by everyone, your company’s name is going to become popular. In order to protect the logical possessions and rights, it is very much essential to prepare the paper works.
- Kind of App
- Cost relies on the type of app. What is the purpose of the app? Who is going to benefit from the app? There are many apps available such as gaming apps, cooking apps, health apps, music app, travel app, business, entertainment etc. Based on the kind of app, cost factor plays a significant role.
- App Platforms such as Android or iOS or windows
- If the app is going to be developed for all platforms, undoubtedly budget is high. Because, Apple iPhone uses obj-C or swift programming language whereas android uses Java language. So cost factor is generally high under these circumstances.
- API’s and Marketing
- If an application requires payment or any other external service then app needs integration with third party API’s.
- Marketing initiatives are very much necessary after the app is developed. Marketing reaches several customers so it costs few dollars. Social networking, trailers, publishing adds, etc. are some of the marketing strategies adopted by app development companies.
- Updating an app
- Updating an app mean to keep up with the new versions according to the iOS.
- About 20% of the app development budget is very much necessary for updating an app.
Let us now review the time taken to develop an app:
- MVP : Around 3 weeks
- Simple app : 30 days
- Complex apps : 3 months
- Mobile apps: 5 months and May last according to the complexities involved.
Few strategies to cut off the cost while developing apps:
- Cross platform is the best idea to use to cut off the cost. Many free frameworks can be utilized. If high customization is required by the project then cross platform is not an option.
- Designing MVP will analyses the pricing and we can come to a conclusion regarding the project.
- Agency that can help to develop as well as design is the best proposal.
- Always carry on with the new versions and newer models regarding the app development project.
Conclusion: As discussed above, these points can be considered before starting up any new app development project. You have to still rely on various factors and budget of the project depends on which agency you approach and the features which you would like to pen for the project and numerous points such as location etc. You can simple hire mobile app developers for your assistance. A simple Typical project cost ranges from 5000$ to 10000$. Please connect with us if you need more information about How Much Does It Cost to Create/Develop an App In 2020.