Native and Hybrid apps are apps that can be downloaded and installed in the mobile phones or devices such as tablet, etc.
Let us get to know an overview of native as well as hybrid apps.
If you are having an interest to get an app built you can approach any mobile and app development company to get your work done.
A native app is application that is developed and built to run on a distinct platform or a device. Native apps can be constructed for smart TV’s, desktops, gadgets, phones. These native apps cannot function on browsers.
We are familiar that currently we have 2 popular operating systems – platforms being in use – Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android.
An iOS platform utilizes Objective C and Swift language to build a native app.
For Android platform, Java language is used to build the application.
The apps built in a specific platform and utilizing concerned languages can be downloaded in specific play stores.
Apples – iOS users can download native apps from Apples – istore and Android apps are downloaded from Googles play store.
These apps can operate as native mobile applications and users can download and install the app as their native android or native iOS kind of applications.
You can use Iconic or any other good hybrid framework to build cross-platform applications.
Once the app is constructed it can be deployed in the play stores such as Apple, Android or Windows stores.
Let us get to know on what all factors does the cost rely to build an app.
- Category – app that is to be developed for which kind of business – education, gaming, health, fitness, lifestyle, etc.).
- Platform (iOS/Android/Windows, etc.)
- Count of pages.
- Design (simple, medium or complex).
- Elements and the infrastructure.
- Programming language.
- If language permits access – native devices API’s.
- Distribution system.
- Multi-platform reinforces.
All about native app development:
- Under some circumstances such as if performance is prominent for you – then you can opt to construct native apps as they would be best choice.
- As Android or iOS developers need to invest their time in developing distinct code for two types of platforms, the rate would be higher than that of hybrid apps when compared.
- Open-source network is operative and here all documents and libraries related to native are maintained. Each targeted framework is to be written so that it turns useful for everyone.
All about hybrid app development:
Hybrid apps function using web technologies and utilize middleware systems – such as API which aid in interpreting the API to the native API’s.
- Portable: Low costs and supports many platforms. Distribution process is quicker.
- Large community help: There is a vast community who can assist around the development process if needed.
- Less cost: If you have an idea to develop small or medium apps you can do so because the upfront cost is comparatively lower and of course, there are other costs as well for maintenance and support, etc. Which might cost you some money.
- Libraries: In order to keep up with the alterations and testing processes these hybrid app software libraries as well as abstraction need to be constantly addressed.
- Time saving: As soon as the hybrid app development framework is built – it can be again re-used across many platforms.
- Built-in libraries: Hybrid apps can support products where its outcome is of high quality and moreover the libraries are miscellaneous along with tools which all assist in developing. Therefore, reducing development time.
- Deployment: These apps once built are easy to release in the appropriate play stores.
- Attributes: If the features or attributes are many or if the scenario is complex, then it might take more time.
- Wrapper: These applications require wrapper which aids the app to operate on a particular platform.
For instance: Phonegap.
You need to opt for hybrid apps if you like to view some specific elements in your site as well as mobile application.
If there are any composite requirements as such like UX animations and so on, the capability of the framework might not support in building such applications.
Let us now discuss the cost of native and hybrid app development:
Native app – cost:
- The rough price estimate to construct a mobile app might be $10000 – $50000.
- The cost to build basic app: $1,000 to $4,500.
- The price to build an app plus web server: $9,000 to $40,000.
- Android/iOS app development price of an app with numerous elements: $2, 0,000 – $3, 6,000.
- Cost to build gaming app: $7,000 to $60,000 or more.
Hybrid app – cost:
- On a global level – cost might be around $4000 – $1, 01,000.
- It might take up to 250 – 5500 hours of time to build an app.
Again, the app development cost relies on numerous factors – Location, features to be incorporated, design and many other factors.
Choices – Native or Hybrid:
The decision that you make among picking the right kind of application development depends a lot based on your urgency and needs.
Native app might be the best option for already established businesses as they might have to keep up the branding, performance, speed, etc.
Whereas Hybrid apps would suit for startups as the cost that is required to build such apps is comparatively lower than native apps.
Moreover, startups or already established business must consider to pick the right kind of application development according to the attributes, requirements and many other constituents.
As discussed, hope this article gives you an insight regarding cost to develop a hybrid vs native app.
Cost of an app development depends on many factors. Hybrid apps suit best for start-ups and native apps can prove helpful for an already established business.
If you are looking for a renowned mobile and app development company to build an application according to your requirements you can reach out to Next Big Technology for further communication.