Scripts can be written right in a web page’s HTML and run automatically as the page loads.
Scripts are provided and executed as plain text. They don’t need compilation to run.
JS can do multiple tasks like displaying timely content updates, interactive maps, animated 2D and 3D graphics, jukeboxes, etc. JS is an open-source and popular client-side scripting language supported by all modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.
Some JS features are
- Display dynamic content
- React to user’s operations, like mouse clicks, keypresses, etc.
- Interactive drop-down menus.
- Upload and download files.
- Ask questions to the users
- Get and set cookies
- Store data in the local storage.
- A sign-up form can check if your user name is available when a user enters it without needing to reload the page.
- Search box can give you suggestions when you enter something in it also known as autocomplete.
- Information that changes continuously can be loaded periodically without needing user interaction e.g. cricket
match score, stock market alert.
- The navigation bar of a site could have many links but display links to deeper pages when a user clicks or hovers over it.
- Turn a simple text input box into a combo box allowing users to choose from a list of preset values
There are many JS frameworks available like AngularJS, ReactJS, etc. These frameworks reduce the amount of time and effort for developing JS-based sites and apps. It allows building large-scale web applications easily and simplifies the process of developing large-scale web applications. It also has a lot of libraries that coders can use, e.g. Bootstrap, jQuery or AngularJS Developers.
JS code is very easy to write without using any specific tools, there are many editors (like Notepad) available that can be used to write scripts. JS can be combined with HTML and CSS to make web pages mobile-friendly and responsive.