The primary issue that everyone encounters nowadays is having a hectic schedule. In today’s technologically advanced society, however, you can get anything you desire with just a single tap. You can make items available to you while sitting at home with the use of your mobile phones and programs. Home services are cutting-edge answers to time-honored issues. There are a plethora of on-demand home service apps on the market that allow you to get things done at home without having to go out and look for services. And one of the best instances of on-demand home service app development is Urban Company (UrbanClap).
Table of Contents
What is the difference between UrbanClap and Urban Company?
Urban Company (previously known as UrbanClap) is an online platform that links professional start-ups with online clients. Finding specialists who will stand by your side is really difficult. UrbanClap provides all the solutions to your questions, whether you need an electrician, a beautician, or a plumber. It’s an app that offers a variety of home services to make your life easier and more comfortable.
At a Glance: The Urban Company App
- Founder: Raghav Chandra, Abhiraj Bhal, Varun Khaitan
- Founded: 6 years ago, in November of 2014
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Type of Business: Service to Customers
- Revenue: $29.59 million USD (2020)
- Inside India, the following areas are served: Ahmedabad, Indore, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Lucknow, Chennai, Nagpur, Bhubaneswar, Pune, Surat, Vadodara, and Visakhapatnam are some of the cities in India that are worth visiting.
- Away from India: Dubai, Sydney, Abu Dhabi, and Singapore are all popular destinations.
- Users: Over 3 million users have downloaded the UrbanClap app.
- Rating: UrbanClap has a 4.2 average rating.
- Services: On UrbanClap, there are 107 services to choose from.
- Customer Access: On average, 5000 customers are reached each day.
- Transactions: UrbanClap’s monthly transactions are estimated to be around $450,000.
Business and Revenue Model for the UrbanClap App
In 2017, UrbanClap’s annual sales were roughly $1.7 million, and it has only grown since then. It has received a total of $110 million in funding, which is significant! The demand for beauty and wellness drives a 103 percent increase in sales for the Urban Company in FY20. In addition, given the current state of UrbanClap, the company wishes to grow abroad. As a result, the company’s name was changed from UrbanClap to Urban Company.
UrbanClap’s income strategy is comparable to that of numerous freelancing sites. Professionals can register for free at first, but after they receive an order, a percentage of the order will be transferred to them as commission. The proportion is somewhere in the middle (15 percent -20 percent ). The following are some more income models:
- UrbanClap collects payment directly from users via the app for fixed-cost services such as plumbing and electrical. The fixed commission amount was then sent to the service provider’s account.
- UrbanClap charges the experts for lead generation and sponsored listings for services that do not have set prices, such as an interior designer or a yoga instructor.
Future Notes: It should be mentioned that UrbanClap will be introducing premium listings for professionals (subscription) in the near future, allowing them to receive additional benefits based on the price of a premium listing on a regular basis.
What is the Urban Company/UrbanClap App and how does it work?
UrbanClap works for you to give the best and most inexpensive home services. It’s a middle ground that allows experts to find work while also allowing you to get the best for your in-house services. It will save you time and money by making goods available to you at a low cost.
It is divided into two sorts of operations:
According to Service Provider End
- To register on the platform, he or she must put in a lot of effort and preparation so that they may do their best.
- If a customer selects a service after registering, the service provider is notified. They have the option to accept or refuse the service.
- Both the service provider and the customer receive the same notification if the service is accepted.
- Furthermore, if an emergency happens, the service provider has the right to cancel the service. They must, however, pay the cancellation fee for the same.
End-to-end customer service
- If someone needs expert help for their home, they can use this app to get the job done.
- They can download the app at any moment and select the services that suit their needs.
- The services pop-ups appear on the screen once users select the service.
- containing information from a variety of packages The buyer can choose the bundle that best fits his or her budget.
- Following that, the user will be asked to choose a preferred day and time.
- Customers can also learn more about the service provider by looking at their profile.
- The user has a variety of payment options in the UrbanClap app.
- The user will provide feedback on the services after the work is completed.
Urban Company (UrbanClap) App Provides Services in the Following Categories
- Services provided by an urban salon include: Manicure & Pedicure, Body Massage, Waxing, Threading, Head Massage, Haircuts, Hair Styling, Spa, Facials, Clean-up, Bleach & Deep Clean, Manicure & Pedicure, Body Massage, Waxing, Threading, Head Massage
- Wedding services include: Pre-wedding bride and groom beauty package, wedding planner, pre-wedding photography, bridal and groom makeup
- Services for Repair: Home Deep Cleaning, Geyser/Water Heater Repair, TV and Freeze, Plumber, Washing Machine, Electrician, Carpenter
- Home Services in Transition: Bathroom cleaning, pest control, home cleaning, kitchen, sofa, carpet, water tank, and other home accessories are among the services provided by Packers and Movers.
- Services of a Tutor: Tutor in mathematics, home tutoring, English tutoring, and commerce tutoring.
- Services in design and construction: Architect, interior designer, wiring, CCTV camera installation, painters, modular kitchen designer
- Services for Health and Wellness: Fitness instructor, physiotherapist, dietician, and yoga instructor
- Services for Event Management: Birthday Parties, Event Photography, Party Makeup Artists, Party Planners, Festival Parties, Inauguration Parties, and other corporate events are all available.
- Services for children: Home Tutors, Baby Portfolio Photographer, Dance Tutor, Drum Lessons, Guitar Lessons at Home
It’s worth noting that if you want to create an app like UrbanClap, you’ll need a lot of practice because it’s not easy. It should also be emphasized that anyone interested in developing an UrbanClap clone app has wonderful potential because this software is in high demand and could be the most successful ever.
Steps to Develop a Home Service App Like an Urban Company
Create an app with a purpose.
The first step in developing an app like UrbanClap is determining what you want to offer your users.
Examine the Market
Analyzing the market will provide you with numerous benefits. First, they assist you in determining your clients’ wants, and second, they enable you to create an app that is distinct from your competition.
Decide what you want to include and what you don’t want to include.
You’ll determine what features you want to include in your on-demand app at this point. Some aspects that must be included in an app similar to Urbanclap are:
- Login/Registration of Users
- Profile of the User
- Have you forgotten your password?
- Password Change
- Option to Edit Your Profile
You should also include social network integration, a location tracker, a variety of payment options, and other features.
Success Tip: Always include some unique features that set your app apart from the competition. It will make a positive impression on your users.
Make a prototype
Prototyping aids in the recruitment of investors for your app. It will assist in seeing the app’s concrete benefits rather than just envisioning them.
Select a platform to target.
It’s critical to pick the correct platform for your app if you want it to succeed. You can use any platform, including iOS, Android, Web, Cross-platform, Hybrid, and others. You can read the comprehensive guide on cross-platform app development to find out which development platform is better.
Begin developing your app.
It’s critical to build on-demand software that’s both lightweight and appealing. It is important to remember that when creating an Urban Company clone app, you must ensure that it runs smoothly and without stuttering so that it can function effectively without taking too long.
Testing should be carried out.
This is one of the most important factors in identifying errors in your software. It’s critical to test your software to ensure it’s bug-free and error-free. Always hire a team of competent Quality Analysts who are familiar with all sorts of testing to perform testing.
Clone of the Urban Company (UrbanClap) App
- To promote comfort, a simple login method has been implemented.
- To attract the user’s attention, create a user-friendly interface.
- For quick access, advanced search options are available.
- View the profile of a service provider to learn more about their services.
- To avoid payment delays, a variety of payment gateways are available.
- Payment for user secrecy and data security.
- Easy login with social networking networks such as Facebook to make the login procedure simple.
- For future work, services and account history are important.
- For future mishaps, check your payment history.
- Option to provide comments on services in order to enhance them.
- Customers and service providers can talk in real time using the in-app chat feature.
Characteristics of a Service Provider
- Travel time can be cut by using a GPS location tracking device.
- For presenting comfortability, a quick registration and login process is required.
- For further benefits, service charges must be included.
- Customers can speak with you through the app to learn more about their needs.
- Payment methods that can be managed to keep track of incoming, outgoing, and commission amounts
- For the service provider’s knowledge, fixed availability and service times are required.
- For future access, keep track of your work and payments.
- Option to solicit client comments in order to learn more about expertise and errors.
- Control panel access is complete.
- Can see the customer’s and service provider’s locations
- Management influence over prices and plans
- Backup and restoration capabilities are available.
- Backup and restoration capabilities are available.
- Create advertisements and promotional activities.
- CRM and CMS integration in its entirety
- Management of finances and taxes
- Analytical Sales
Urban Company Development App Cost & Time Required
The cost and time it takes to construct an app similar to UrbanClap are determined by a variety of factors. However, the cost of developing a home service app like Urban Company is expected to be between $10,000 and $30,000, which includes basic functionalities for a single platform.
If you want to expand your app’s functionality and display it across many platforms, the cost of development might range from $50,000 to $80,000.
- Cost of a Small Business: Hourly rates range from $10 to $40.
- Cost of a Middle Company: Hourly rates range from $40 to $100.
- Company Costs at the Enterprise Level: Hourly rates range from $100 to $250.
When it comes to time, a more complicated app like Urban Company takes roughly eight weeks to develop. If you wish to add some extra treats, the time limit can be extended to 24 weeks. It is also based on a number of factors, including specifications, device compatibility, and so on.
Here are some hourly estimates for developing an app similar to Urban Company:
- App that is easy to use: 300 hours of work
- App with a moderate rating: between 400 and 600 hours
- App has a lot of features: Approximately 900 hours
- App has a lot of features: Over 900 hours of work
The Benefits of Developing a Home Service App for a Company Like an Urban Company
Direct marketing should be encouraged.
By displaying generic information, rates, booking records, user accounts, broadcast feeds, search options, and more in a mobile app similar to UrbanClap, you may increase sales.
Establish Better Customer Communication
Apps are the most effective way to expand the capabilities of communication channels. Customers may rapidly obtain information about services, and you can also respond to their questions through the app.
Increase your market visibility
Businesses can use on-demand apps to help in their development and current economic progress. In terms of catching users’ attention, it is the most effective strategy available.
Making Home Service Apps like UrbanClap/Urban Company in the Future
In today’s world, Urban Company (UrbanClap) is the most well-known and successful app for offering home services to make people’s lives easier. Everyone in this generation expects things to be simple to manage; hence, the UrbanClap clone software must succeed in the future market.
UrbanClap grows its roots on a regular basis to keep up with its competitors. They are now attempting to expand their residential services to a number of other cities. They are currently working in Dubai, where they are effectively making their services available.
As we all know, an on-demand home assistance app is a powerful and scalable platform that delivers high-quality, convenient services right to the user’s door. If you’re considering creating an app similar to UrbanClap, you’ve made the perfect choice for capturing instant consumer attention, as the need for on-demand apps continues to grow. It’s now up to you to provide services to your customers.
In terms of providing the greatest residential services, UrbanClap is now ranked first. Almost everyone in the world utilizes the internet to keep track of their daily tasks.
As a result, more growth is being invented in this industry, and the need and need for on-demand home service apps will increase. Business owners can create outstanding start-ups by originating their on-demand services through mobile applications such as UrbanClap and other on-demand alternatives such as Zimmber, HouseJoy, and others. So go ahead and pursue your idea and advance in the market.
Thanks for reading our post “How to Create a Home Service App Similar to Urban Company/UrbanClap?”, please connect with us for any further inquiry. We are Next Big Technology, a leading web & Mobile Application Development Company. We build high-quality applications to full fill all your business needs.