Ruby on Rails is the most popular open-source web application framework. It’s built with the Ruby programming language. Ruby converts the source code into a language that computer can understand, Rails is a layer on top of Ruby, that helps you build web applications.
Some popular websites use Ruby on Rails:
What is Ruby?
- Smalltalk’s conceptual elegance
- Python’s ease of use and learning
- Perl’s pragmatism
- A high-level programming language which is interpreted like Perl, Python
- Object-oriented like Smalltalk, Java
- It is easy to learn and implement
- It is open-source in nature
- It has support of many rich libraries
- Easily extensible
- It is object-oriented
- Lesser coding with fewer bugs
- A large community of developers
What is Rails?
- It is a web-application framework which is highly productive
- Written in Ruby
- Faster web application development compared to any other framework.
- An open-source Ruby framework for developing database-backed web applications.
- Configure your code with Database Schema.
- No need to compile the code
- Other frameworks use code generation from scratch while Rail framework uses Metaprogramming techniques to write programs. Ruby is built for Metaprogramming and Rails uses this capability very well.
- Rails uses the Active Record framework, which saves objects into the database. The Rails version of the Active Record finds the columns in a DB schema and automatically attaches them to domain objects using metaprogramming techniques.
- Rails has three default environments: development, testing, and production. Each behaves differently that makes software development cycle a lot easier.
- Rails has everything one needs to create a web application, its an integrated system.
- Rails has default configuration that saves you a lot of work
- Rails’ ecosystem provides you all tools and apllications that you may need during your application development
- Rails provides fixes, software patches, support and new features on a regular basis
Our Ruby On Rails Experts provides various sevices
- Web and Application servers
- Agile practices, particularly test-driven development
- Ruby on Rails Ajax, Testing, Web 2.0 app
- Ruby on Rails 2.2,3.0,3.1,3.2,4.2
- Payment Gateway Integration in Rails
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle
- HTML5/CSS3, XHTML Publishing skills
- Active record, Merb, Datamapper Frameworks
- Mootools, Lucene, Solr Technologies
For more queries on Ruby on Rails please connect with us. Hire Ruby On Rails Experts at NEXT BIG TECHNOLOGY.