Uses of jQuery:
- It maniulates HTML documents
- It manipulates DOM (Documented Object Model), helps it selecting and modifying the elements
- It manipulates CSS
- It is small, fast, light-weight and efficient. Smaller files and faster loading web pages.
- It is cross-platform, which means that it works across all popular browsers like Chrome, Safari, Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc.
- It is open source
- It has a large user community, it is consistently supported and being added-on to.
- It has many plug-ins that let you extend its functionality whenever needed
- It comes with plenty of built-in animation effects.
- jQuery files are very small and load easily, so they can be optimized for site speed and helps in developing mobile-friendly websites, both of which are important factors towards SEO on search-engines. There are plugins available to display images, audio, and video files easily on web pages instead of embedding them directly.
It can be used in two ways
- It can be downloaded on user’s local machine, then it is included oin the code.
- Users can include the jQuery directly into HTML code from a content delivery network like Google and Microsoft