The advantages were immediate and thrilling, and Node.JS quickly established itself as the most beneficial environment for custom web development.
In this blog, you’ll learn about the top Node.js frameworks for web development in 2021, based on their speed, ease of use, popularity, complexity, and community support.
Let’s take a quick look at what a Node.js framework is before we go into it.
In a Nutshell: The Node.js Framework
The Node.js framework integrates tools, helpers, and libraries to make it simple to create and use online programs. The Node.js framework serves as the foundation for building a web application.
The most important aspects of the Node.js framework, like any other web framework, are its architecture and features such as security, interoperability with other libraries, flexibility, and customization.
The Best Node.js Frameworks for 2021
Let’s have a look at the top Node.js frameworks that will rule in 2021!
48.2k Github Stars
This is a web-socket architecture that various programming languages can use.
Socket.io is a Node.js library that allows you to create web socket apps like dashboard APIs, score tickets, chatbots, and more. It has a lot of advantages over other Node.JS web app frameworks.
The following are the main characteristics of Socket.io:
- Multiplexing, anomaly detection, auto-correction, and other tasks are made easier.
- Streaming binary
- Analytics in real-time
- Can manage HTTP 1.1 servers that don’t support it.
- Authentication over a smooth socket
- Handling sockets is simple.
- All sockets’ identifiers are generated automatically.
- Customizing URL routing for web sockets is possible.
2. The Express.js framework
ReactReact46.4k Github Stars
Express is a unique and lightweight Node.js web development framework that enables developers to construct desktop and mobile apps at a faster pace, with many bundled features that prioritize scalability and performance.
Because Express is lightweight, it pairs well with a variety of free modules from the NPM public module database.
Furthermore, Express offers a fantastic API and deliberate functionality that aims to provide the highest performance without compromising Node.js capabilities.
Express.js has the following basic features:
- More than 14 templates are supported, and the performance is outstanding.
- For smooth routing, a unique API and rapid I/O are required.
- Setup of middleware for responding to HTTP requests is simple.
- Model-View-Controller is included to aid in the development of unusual apps.
- Simple to comprehend
41.5k Github Stars
This is a simple full-stack Node.js framework for online and mobile app development. It works on desktop, web, iOS, and Android devices.
Take a peek at some of MeteorJS’s important features:
- Updates for mobile applications are no longer required.
- Synchronization catch-ups are supported.
- Mongo, Vue, Angular, React, and more frameworks are all seamlessly integrated.
- For various devices, the code is similar.
- The structure is light in weight.
- Client and server-side components could potentially share comparable APIs.
4. Koa wood
28k Github Stars
Koa is a prominent Node.js framework created by Express engineers. It makes use of async capacities from ES2017. This is a smaller, more powerful, and more expressive framework for developing APIs and web programs.
Inside the core, Koa does not include any middleware. As a result, the middlewares are becoming increasingly simplified, and each code line is becoming more granular and rich. Similarly, it thinks about how you want the parts to be organized.
The following are some of Koa’s basic characteristics:
- Cleans up messed-up coding
- Faster coding
- To better error handling, limits the use of callbacks.
- Customization choices are expanded.
- Architecture that is light in weight
- Experience coding in a reasonable manner
5. Use NestJS
22.1k stars on Github
Nest makes use of Express.JS and has a unique app design that makes it simple to create easily managed, loosely coupled highly scalable, and testable apps. Nest CLI allows developers to create NestJS apps with a variety of capabilities.
NestJS has a number of features, including:
- The Nest CLI gives you access to a wealth of functionality.
- Express.JS features
- Because both Angular and Nest use TypeScript, frontend development on AngularJS is simple.
- It has a modular framework that allows you to organize your programs in a systematic manner.
- Because of TypeScript, there is more trustworthiness.
6. Sails.js is a JS library that allows you to create sails
21k Github Stars
This is another Express-based real-time MVC Node.js development framework. It creates the most up-to-date data-driven APIs and web apps. Sails.js can create a bookshop API.
It gives several vital blueprints, for example, so you don’t have to write any code. Sails also work with a wide range of front-end technologies, including Windows Phone, Java, Android, Angular, React, and so on.
ReactThe following are some of Sails.js’ most important features:
- HTTP requests can be easily managed.
- Helps Socket.io
- Frontend website building platforms are quite compatible with it.
- ORM (Object Rational Mapping) is used to provide access to all databases.
- Middleware integration that is seamless
- Frontend development for quick object modules
- Making a simple project template
- Also see: Which Node.js framework is best: Express.js, Koa.js, or Sails.js?
7. Reverse loopback
13k Github Stars
This is one of the most well-known Node.js frameworks, with a dynamic API explorer and a simple CLI.
It also allows you to create models that are dependent on your schema. This Node.js framework works with a variety of REST services and a wide range of databases, including Postgres, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, and others.
The following are some of Loopback’s key features:
- Supports a large number of databases.
- Support for model relationships is one of the features.
- Third-party login and file management add-ons
- It’s also possible to run it in the cloud.
- Connecting gadgets and browsers to data is as simple as that.
- Better documentation and structured code for faster development
11.9k Github Stars
Hapi is a dependable and dependable Node.js framework. This REST framework for Node.js is used to create REST (Representational State Transfer) APIs.
With fantastic capabilities like onPreHandler on a specific IP, Hapi provides an enormous capability for designing a server. This is why it is regarded as the most suitable server framework for Node.js.
Third-party plug-in support, authentication, caching, and I/O validation are some of the other characteristics that make Hapi a good Node.js framework.
The best thing about this framework is that it’s the only one that doesn’t rely on outside help and gives you complete control over every line of code.
Hapi’s basic features include:
- Creates real-time chat applications.
- For developing static sites, it may be used with Postgres, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Lightweight and intelligent
- Error management that works
- Plug-ins such as travelogue, boom, yar, tv, catbox, and joi are all available.
- API reference that is comprehensive
- Plug-in-based scaling architecture
- Effortless management of requests
- Simple input authentication, validation, and caching
- Document creation is a breeze.
7.4k Github Stars
This is a popular Node.js web app development framework that is both simple to use and pleasant to the eye.
Furthermore, from the start, this MVC framework provides a consistent ecosystem for creating server-side and stable web programs.
AdonisJS has the following basic features:
- Creates efficient SQL queries
- The structure resembles that of Laravel.
- It’s simple to understand and adjust
- Data handling from databases such as SQLite and Postgres is seamless, and the ecosystem is stable, which saves time.
4.5k Github Stars
Derby is an open-source, full-stack Node.js web app framework based on the MVC model. This framework is thought to be great for creating group apps. DerbyJS allows you to create high-quality mobile and online apps.
Derby uses an automatic conflict resolution system to synchronize data between your client and server. Furthermore, it allows for the addition of custom codes enabling the development of extremely productive web apps.
DerbyJS has the following basic features:
- Auto-resolution of conflicts
- Custom web development in real-time
- Both server-side and client-side scripts are supported.
- Various editing options
- Multi-users in comparable software can self-regulate time.
- Data-time synchronization between databases, servers, and browsers is simple.
4k Github Stars
This is a simple Node.js web app framework that requires little help. In terms of app development, it gives steady scaling progress and excellent performance.
The Total.js team has spent some time now attempting to secure super-premium sponsors to work with them. This indicates that they intend to enhance the product by adding new features.
The following are some of Total.js’ most important features:
- Discussion in the community
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and MySQL are among the databases supported.
- Contains a large number of pre-developed components for an easy and quick creation.
- Prototyping in a hurry
- Allows React, Ember, and Angular platforms to be used for front-end development.
- Creates applications that are responsive in real-time.
- SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) system, picture processing tool, and other functions are included in the modular code structure.
- It comes with a NoSQL database that allows for efficient project development.
1.3k Github Stars
Developers can use this full-stack framework to add reusable features to mobile and desktop projects.
There’s also an integrated library to handle all of your app logging needs. This Node.JS framework aims to provide a well-developed set of unobtrusive, decoupled utilities that may function together and independently.
It aims to increase code organization and sustainability by clearly distinguishing development concerns.
Flatiron’s best attributes include:
- A multi-transport async logging module for Node.js is included.
- It comes with plugin management that allows you to extend your app in a lightweight way.
- Connect is backward compatible with a modern hybrid streaming/buffered middleware kernel.
- A DSL-free, unobtrusive templating tool that is quick and easy to use.
- A simple tool for directing traffic based on URLs received from the server and browser.
1k Github Stars
Keystone is a Node.js full-stack framework based on MongoDB and Express that is expandable, versatile, lightweight, and open-source.
It was built with the goal of creating database-driven APIs, apps, and webpages. Session handling, form processing, database building blocks, and dynamic routes are also supported.
KeystoneJS has the following basic features:
- Other applications and frameworks, such as WCF, ASP.NET, JSP, and others, are supported.
- Consistent management of development progress
- Integration with web services such as Google Places, Mandrill, Cloudinary, and others is seamless.
- Assists with form processing, blocks, and dynamic routes, allowing for easy app and website development.
- Easy to use, customizable, and with a fantastic user interface.
The type of web project or site you intend to build will determine which Node.js framework you should use. The aforementioned Node.js frameworks can provide you with a structure.
If you’re a company looking to stay ahead of the competition in 2021 by developing a Node. JS-based mobile or web app, any of the frameworks listed above can help you achieve your goal.
Thanks for reading our post “Which of the Top 13 Node.js Frameworks Will Rule in 2021?”, please connect with us for any further inquiry. We are Next Big Technology, a leading web & Mobile Application Development Company. We build high-quality applications to full fill all your business needs.